- INSTITUTIONAL REPORT CARDS (ANNUAL REPORTS)
Annual Report Card on California Teacher Preparation Programs for the Academic Year 2014-2015 as required by Title II of the Higher Education Act was presented to the Commission at the October 2016 meeting.
- Annual Report Card on California Teacher Preparation Programs For the Academic Year 2014-2015 [PDF] Full report
- Prior Annual Institutional Report Cards
-- November 30, 2016
- 2014-15 Data dashboards are now available.
-- October 25, 2016
- 2015-16 Data Collection Website is open now!
Title II Phase I: Program Data Collection website has been activated for the 2015-16 reporting period. Please log onto the Title II Data Collection and Reporting website and download your program's Data Collection Worksheet. You can also download a copy of the TITLE II REPORTING: AT A GLANCE [PDF].
-- September 22, 2016
- INSTITUTIONAL REPORT CARDS (ANNUAL REPORTS)
Annual Report Card on California Teacher Preparation Programs for the Academic Year 2013-2014 as required by Title II of the Higher Education Act was presented to the Commission at the October 2015 meeting. Full report can be accessed here [PDF].
- 2013-2014 Report Card on California Teacher Preparation Programs
2013-14 Institution and Program data are available in Excel format now. Each Excel workbook has multiple worksheets with an Index worksheet that describes each worksheet within the specific workbook. Click on each tab at the bottom of the worksheet to see the content of the worksheet.
- Title II Webcast in March 2015
CTC Title II staff have scheduled two webcasts in March: March 11th OR March 12th 10 to 11 am. Westat will co-present the webcast along with CTC staff. If you would like to participate in the webcast, please RSVP.
-- February 18, 2015
- 2012-13 Report Card on California Teacher Preparation Programs - Excel Data Files
2012-13 Institution and Program data are available in Excel format now. Each Excel workbook has multiple worksheets with an Index worksheet that describes each worksheet within the specific workbook. Click on each tab at the bottom of the worksheet to see the content of the worksheet.
- As it pertains to the work of the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (Commission), AB 2086 adds to the provisions relating to the California Education Information System Legislative intent that, as the California Education Information System is implemented over time, access to public information already available on various measures of the quality of teacher preparation programs be available in electronic format and be accessible to the extent practicable through downloadable pages and reports accessible to the public in a consolidated manner. This bill also requires all teacher preparation programs to provide information, as specified, to prospective candidates regarding the license examination passage rates of completers for the most recent available year, if that data is available electronically through the Commission's Internet Web. Finally, the Commission is required to provide all teacher preparation programs with the appropriate electronic link to comply with the information mandate above. To the extent feasible, the link may also include access to additional data from the Commission and from the California Longitudinal Teacher Integrated Data Education system regarding the types of programs offered and data on program effectiveness. This bill takes effect January 1, 2010.
- Full text of AB 2086 [PDF]
- Teacher preparation programs' pass rates for 2012-13 [PDF]
-- October 22, 2013
- Title II FAQs [PDF]
-- March 9, 2011
- Program Completer chart [PDF]
Title II Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA)
Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended in 2008 by the HEOA
Section 205 of Title II of the Higher Education Opportunity Act mandates that Department of Education collect data on state assessments, other requirements, and standards for teacher certification and licensure, as well as data on the performance of teacher preparation programs. The law requires the Secretary to use these data in submitting an annual report on the quality of teacher preparation to the Congress. The first Secretarial report is due in April 2011. Annual state reports to the Secretary are first due on October 30, 2010. Data from institutions with teacher preparation programs are due to states annually, beginning April 30, 2010, for use by states in preparing annual report cards to the Secretary.
- Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEA), 2008 [PDF]
- HEA, Section 205 to 208 [PDF]
- HEA Calendar [PDF]
- HEA Levels of Reporting [PDF]
- Data Collection Year/Cycle by Report Section [PDF]
- HEA Flow of Data [PDF]
- Title II Tips for Reporting; FAQs [PDF]
- HEA Glossary [PDF]
The 2008-09 reporting year was the pilot year in which states were asked to implement the changes and the 2009-2010 reporting year will begin full implementation of the new requirements.
Pearson is Title II State Contractor and it manages the Title II Phase I: Pass Rate Data Collection website
- Customer Service: 1-800-998-3787
- Email: es-titleII@pearson.com
Westat is Title II Federal Contractor and it manages the Title II Phase II: Institutional and Program Report Card (IPRC). The IPRC website will open in February 2015.
- Customer Service: 1-877-684-8532
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org