The Accreditation Site Visit is scheduled for approved educator preparation institutions in year six of a seven-year accreditation cycle. This page provides information to assist the institution in preparing for the site visit.
Resources for Institutions Preparing for a Site Visit
- Accreditation Handbook
The Accreditation Handbook provides guidance for all approved educator preparation institutions, programs and individuals participating in accreditation activities. Chapter Four describes the seven-year Accreditation Cycle, and Chapter Seven discusses Preparation for an Accreditation Site Visit. Accreditation Decision Options and Implications are discussed in Chapter Eight.
- Site Visit DocumentationA concise list of the documentation that needs to be provided to all team members a minimum of 60 days prior to the site visit.
- Submission of Documentation in Support of the Accreditation Site Visit
This submittal form with signature should be scanned and emailed when submitting the Preconditions Report or the Common Standards Response. The form is to verify that a person in authority agrees that the document being submitted is a valid document from the institution.
- Travel Brochure
The Travel Brochure provides the contract parameters for accommodating the visiting accreditation review team (state per diem restrictions for lodging by county, and reimbursement for meals)
NCATE Legacy Visits
- California State Protocol
Approved October 2007
Effective January 1, 2008
-December 31, 2014; Extended until new protocol is signed.
Contacting the CTC regarding accreditation activities
- Email AccountsThe Accreditation@ctc.ca.gov email account should be used to submit documents for upcoming site visits. These documents include the Preconditions Report and Site Visit Documentation that is not available on your institution's web page. Biennial Report documents and questions should be submitted to BiennialReports@ctc.ca.gov. Program Assessment documents, questions and resubmissions should be submitted to ProgramAssessment@ctc.ca.gov.
- CTC Site Visit Consultant - A Consultant will be assigned to work with the institution in preparing for the accreditation site visit, and will contact the institution once assigned.
For more information, please contact Teri Ackerman at email@example.com.