The Common Standards address issues of institutional infrastructure, stability, and processes that are designed to ensure that the implementation of all approved programs is successful and meets all standards.
Common Standards reflect aspects of program quality that are the same for all credential programs, regardless of type of program. The institution/program sponsor must respond to each Common Standard by providing information and/or supporting documentation about the individual programs to be offered by the institution/program sponsor.
Common Standards are due on February 28th of each year based on the color cohort the institution is assigned. An evidence guide is provided below.
Common Standards submissions must be posted to a website and the URL submitted to CommonStandardsReview@ctc.ca.gov.
Note for institutions seeking joint accreditation form the Commission and CAEP: While there is some overlap between the Commission’s Common Standards and those adopted by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), institutions must still submit all evidence required for Common Standards Review as detailed in the Common Standards Submission Requirements guide below.
- Administrative Services and APA
- Career Technical Education (CTE)
- Early Childhood Education
- English Learner Authorization
- Intern Pathway: Multiple/Single Subject, and Education Specialist
- Literacy and Reading Instruction
- PK-3 ECE Specialist Instruction Credential
- Preliminary Multiple Subject and Single Subject
- Pupil Personnel Services
- Special Education
- Subject Matter Requirements
- Teacher Induction
- Teacher Librarian
- Teaching Performance Assessment (TPA)
- Accreditation Site Visit Reports
- Accreditation Technical Assistance
- Accreditation Schedule and Activities
- Annual Data Submission
- Program Sponsor Fees
- How to Become an Approved Program Sponsor
- Propose a New Program (Initial Program Review)
- Preconditions and Standards
- Program Review
- Common Standards Review
- Preparing for Accreditation Site Visits
- Adding a New Single Subject Content Area
- Program Completion Surveys
- Subject Matter Preparation & Program Approval Process
Committee on Accreditation