As a component of the accreditation process, Commission-approved institutions are required to annually submit data on their approved educator preparation programs. Program data will be submitted by level (undergraduate, postgraduate), pathway (i.e., intern, student teaching: traditional) and delivery method (i.e., face to face, online). The questions that are asked in the program report include admission standards, program requirements, candidate demographics and candidate performance. Data will be collected in the Commission’s Accreditation Data System (ADS).
For inquiries about the reporting questions, go to the “Question Guides and ADS Glossary” section and view the ADS Question Guide related to the specific program type.
- Reminder About Updating Contact Information
In order to ensure that updates, alerts, and other important information are received by institutional and program leadership in a timely manner, each approved institution is responsible for updating its contact information directly through the Annual Data System (ADS). We ask each institution to update their contact page on the ADS annually. It is recommended to list any contact staff as the "Accreditation Contact" in the ADS.
- ADS reporting for the 2022-23 year is now closed. The ADS will open again spring 2024 for the 2023-24 reporting year. Do not create ADS reports before the ADS opens in 2024.
Timeline of Events
|April 3, 2023||ADS opens for the 2022-23 academic year. Begin creating user accounts. Institution Unit Head and Security Delegate to review and grant permissions to users. Review and update Institutional Contact Information, including contacts for Accreditation Fee Contact, CalAPA Contact, TPA Contact, Title II Contact and Accreditation Contact. Begin creating Program Report Decks.|
|May 31, 2023||All Program Report Decks must be created.|
|June 1-August 31, 2023||Enter data in the program reports for the current academic year, completer data for the prior academic year, and submit the reports to the institution's Unit Head.|
|September 15, 2023||Unit Head must submit all reports to CTC. Once the reports have been submitted by the unit head, no additional edits may be made. Please print each report for your records before submitting the reports to the CTC.|
|September 16, 2023-February 29, 2024||ADS reporting for the 2022-23 year is now closed. The ADS will open again spring 2024 for the 2023-24 reporting year. Do not create ADS reports before the ADS opens in 2024. Institutions are able to edit contact pages and view data dashboards at any time.|
|Program Sponsors are responsible for updating contact information. For steps to update the CTC Program Sponsor database, refer to PSA 20-01. For the distinction between contacts and users and new contact categories, refer to PSA 18-06.|
ADS Office Hours
The Professional Services Division will be conducting virtual office hours to answer ADS related questions. The times and links to access Commission staff during these ADS-specific office hours are provided below. Please contact AnnualDataSystem@ctc.ca.gov if you have questions.
ADS Office Hours will be held every Tuesday from 10:00-10:30am. To access the meeting, please select this Microsoft Teams Meeting Link. All future meetings can be accessed below:
|Day||Time||Microsoft Teams Meeting Information|
Every Tuesday from April 18th, 2023-Septermber 12th, 2023.
|10:00-10:30am||Link to Teams Meeting|
Or use Meeting ID: 259 481 314 944
Please email annual data submission questions to AnnualDataSystem@ctc.ca.gov.
Question Guides and ADS Glossary
ADS users are individuals who will be creating program decks and entering data for programs. There are five distinct users: 1) Unit Head, 2) Security Delegate, 3) Program Delegate, 4) Institution Staff, and 5) Read Only. All users are required to have a login and password in order to access the ADS.
Add New Contacts
Assign Security or Program Delegate
Assign Institution Staff
Assign Read Only
Create program reports
Enter data, save and submit report to Unit Head
Submit reports to the Commission
Unlock a report submitted to the Unit Head
|Access Accreditation Data Dashboard (ADD)||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
ADS User Guides and Tutorials
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does the annual data submission process replace the biennial report?
- What is the reporting period for this report?
Academic year, September 1 through August 31.
- On the Institution page, what does the “Required Reporting” tab show?
Displays the list of programs required for the current academic year of data submission.
- On the Institution page, what does the 'Active Programs' tab show?
Displays the list of institution’s active programs. Not all active programs are required for reporting (i.e., subject matter programs).
- On the Institution page, what does the “Not Active Programs” tab show?
Displays the list of programs that are not active for the institutions (i.e., inactive, withdrawn programs).
- What is the definition of the pathways?
User Access in the ADS
- What email do I use to create my account?
Use your institutional email to register for an account. If the individual’s email domain matches an institution’s email pattern, the individual is available to be connected to that institution. The Unit Head or Security Delegate must click on “Manage Contacts” and then click on “Add Contact to Institution” under all the identified contacts to connect the individual to the institution. ONLY the Unit Head and Security Delegate will see the three blue boxes (Create Contact, Add Contact to Institution, Manage User Permission) under the list of contacts.
- What if I forget my password?
1. From the sign in screen, click the "I forgot my Login or password" link.
2. Enter your email address and click Submit.
3. To reset your password, enter the information required and click the Reset button.
- Why isn’t my staff listed on my institution’s contacts page?
A contact has not been created for the staff. Click the “Create Contact” button to add the staff with a role. If the staff will also be using the ADS, ensure that the staff has created an ADS account.
- How many permissions can an individual have and is there a limit?
There is no limit on the number of permissions assigned to a user.
- What if our institution’s Unit Head is not showing in the ADS?
If you have a different unit head than who is showing in the ADS, please have the new Unit Head create an account and email firstname.lastname@example.org. Staff will give the Unit Head the appropriate permissions.
I created an ADS account, why can I not see my institution's data?
Institution data becomes available to users after authorization is granted by the Unit Head.
Reporting in the ADS:
- How do I create a report?
See user guide, “How to Create a Program Deck”.
Do I need to report any inactive, withdrawn or expired program?
Institutions are required to submit data for active and inactive programs, as well as, programs that become withdrawn or expired during the reporting period. Data submission is not required for programs that have been withdrawn or expired prior to the reporting period. If the status or the end date of the program is incorrect, please send an email to email@example.com.
- How do I report candidates in a dual credential program?
The ADS will now allow institutions to report on a dual or blended preparation program when an institution identifies sponsoring two of their Commission-approved educator preparation programs in a dual or blended way. The institution Unit Head can select the "Request a Missing Program" button and request a dual program. Please refer to PSA 20-02 for more information regarding dual credential programs.
- My institution offers a credential only program and a credential plus degree program. Both types of credential routes have the same level, pathway and delivery method but with different program and or admission requirements. The system will not let me create a second record with the same level, pathway and delivery method. How should I report both types of credential routes?
Currently, duplicate level, pathway and delivery method records cannot be created in the ADS. At the institution’s discretion, select one credential route to report on.
- Can I save the report?
The institution user may save and return to a report. Please be aware that some reports may not save due to the following issues: web browsers, a time-out, or a connectivity problem that occurred at the time that the update was called for.
- How do I print the report(s)?
See user guide, “How to Print a Report”.
- Why is the “Submit” button not visible on the REPORT SET page?
The “Submit” button is only available to the Unit Head and Program Delegate to send all program reports to the Commission. To enable the button, at least one report (with level, pathway and delivery method) for each required reporting program must be created, and all reports have been submitted to the Unit Head. Check the report status to find out whether all programs have been submitted to the Unit Head (identified by the green thumbs up icon).
- Who is able to unlock a report?
The Unit Head or Program Delegate can unlock a report (see user guide, “How to Unlock a Report Submitted to the Unit Head”).
- What are the report status options?
- In Progress: The annual report has been created, but is not complete.
- Submitted to Unit Head: The annual report has been completed by the user and submitted to the Unit head. Once it has reached this status, it is locked for the user (the report is set to read-only for the Institution Staff and Security Delegate roles) and can only be unlocked by the Unit Head or Program Delegate.
- Submitted to CTC: The annual report has been submitted to the Commission by the Unit Head or Program Delegate. Once it has reached this status, it is locked for the institution.
- Late: The annual report was not submitted by the due date. If this occurs, you must contact the Commission to unlock the reports.