Accreditation and Cohort Information
The Commission is currently in the process of strengthening and streamlining the accreditation system. As a result of this effort, cohort maps are being revised. If you have questions regarding accreditation activities for your institution, please contact Accreditation@ctc.ca.gov and your inquiry will be directed to the appropriate consultant to assist you.
Accreditation Email Account
There are specialized email accounts for institutions to submit documentation and questions related to the Commission's accreditation system.
- For additional information on the Accreditation activity schedule for your cohort, refer to the Accreditation Schedule and Activities webpage.
National Accreditation Information
For information on alignment between the California Accreditation system and national professional organizations please review the information on the National Professional Organization Accreditation web page.
Guidance for Program Sponsors on Granting Equivalencies for Educator Preparation
The following document provides guidance for Commission approved educator preparation programs in considering whether to grant equivalencies to candidates toward completion of program requirements.
- Preliminary Multiple Subject and Single Subject
- Special Education
- Teaching Performance Assessment (TPA)
- Teacher Intern Program
- Teacher Induction
- English Learner Authorization
- Reading Program
- Career Technical Education
- Administrative Services and APA
- Pupil Personnel Services
- Teacher Librarian
- Early Childhood Education
- Subject Matter Programs
- Accreditation Schedule and Activities
- Annual Data Submission
- Program Sponsor Fees
- How to Become an Approved Program Sponsor
- Submitting a Program Proposal
- Preconditions and Standards
- Program Review
- Common Standards Review
- Preparing for Accreditation Site Visits
- Accreditation Site Visit Reports
- Adding a New Single Subject Content Area
- Program Completion Surveys
Committee on Accreditation