Accreditation and Cohort Information
The Commission is currently in the process of strengthening and streamlining the accreditation system. As a result of this effort, cohort maps are being revised. If you have questions regarding accreditation activities for your institution, please contact Accreditation@ctc.ca.gov and your inquiry will be directed to the appropriate consultant to assist you.
Accreditation Email Account
There are specialized email accounts for institutions to submit documentation and questions related to the Commission's accreditation system.
- For additional information on the Accreditation activity schedule for your cohort, refer to the Accreditation Schedule and Activities webpage.
Accreditation Data Dashboards
The Commission’s set of Accreditation Data Dashboards (ADD) is a tool for Commission-approved institutions and accreditation review teams to analyze institution and program-level data through the use of data visualizations. The ADD provides data transparency, specifically to highlight and identify potential areas of improvements in order for review teams to make informed accreditation decisions regarding Commission-approved institutions and their preparation program(s).
The types of data and information available in the ADD include:
• Accreditation status, location, and contact information
• Educator preparation programs and/or subject matter preparation programs offered
• Annual data submitted by the institution through the Accreditation Data System (ADS)
• Annual Report Card (Title II) data
• Pass rates for assessments (i.e., RICA, TPA)
• Program completer, master teacher and employer survey results
• Five-year trend of credential data
National Accreditation Information
For information on alignment between the California Accreditation system and national professional organizations please review the information on the National Professional Organization Accreditation web page.
Guidance for Program Sponsors on Granting Equivalencies for Educator Preparation
The following document provides guidance for Commission approved educator preparation programs in considering whether to grant equivalencies to candidates toward completion of program requirements.