- Email: CSGrant@ctc.ca.gov
- The California state budget signed by the Governor in July 2021 includes $15 million in funding for the Computer Science Supplementary Authorization Incentive Grant Program. One time grant awards of up to $2,500 per participating teacher are available to Local Education Agencies (LEAs) to support credentialed teachers to obtain a supplementary authorization in computer science and provide instruction in computer science coursework in settings authorized by the underlying credential. There is a 100 percent match requirement for each grant dollar received. Matching funds may be actual funds and/or in-kind as outlined in the authorizing legislation.
Note: Single subject teachers whose existing credential already allows them to teach computer science courses ARE eligible for an added Computer Science Supplementary Authorization.
Computer Science Supplementary Authorization Incentive Grant Program
- Computer Science Supplementary Authorization Incentive Grant Program - Round Four
Grant awards of up to $2,500 per participant. Eligible applicants are Local Education Agencies (LEAs)— school districts, county offices of education, state-operated education program, state agency education programs, or regional occupational center operated by a joint powers authority or county office of education interested in securing grant increase in the number credentialed teachers authorized to provide computer science instruction. Completed applications are due to the Commission by November 17, 2023, by 5:00 PM.
- Institutions of higher education (IHEs) that have courses that support the supplemental authorization.
- Questions and Answers
- Computer Science Grant Awards Announcement
Commission Agenda Items
Update on the 2021-22 State-Funded Grant Programs
Agenda Item 3G – February 2022
This agenda item presents an update on and timelines for the release of Request for Applications (RFAs) for the four 2021-22 state-funded grant programs: 1) Teacher Residency Programs (Capacity, Expansion, and Implementation), 2) Classified School Employee Teacher Credentialing Grant Program, 3) Computer Science Supplementary Authorization Incentive Grant, and 4) Dyslexia Grants to Teacher Preparation Programs.