Prior to initiating the process for becoming a Commission-approved program sponsor, institutions must attend Accreditation 101 - Expectations and Responsibilities for Commission Approved Institutions. Though not required, it is strongly suggested that a representative from the partner entity attend Accreditation 101 for all Preparation programs. Accreditation 101 Team Member Descriptions and Roles provides a complete description of the required team members. The purpose of this session is to gain a full understanding of the responsibilities and expectations of a program sponsor.
Accreditation 101 sessions are held biannually. Session dates and links to registration are provided at the bottom of this webpage. If your institution plans to register for an upcoming Accreditation 101 session, all attendees must review the Accreditation information. It is also advised that team members review the Preconditions , Common Standards and any applicable Program Standards.
Registration For Upcoming Accreditation 101 Sessions
Commission on Teacher Credentialing
1900 Capitol Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95811-4213
Time: 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
|Wed, December 13, 2023||Registration|
Registration ends by close of business on November 24, 2023 or 45 participants, whichever occurs first.
Please note that this meeting will be held virtually.
- Administrative Services and APA
- Career Technical Education (CTE)
- Early Childhood Education
- English Learner Authorization
- Intern Pathway: Multiple/Single Subject, and Education Specialist
- Literacy and Reading Instruction
- PK-3 ECE Specialist Instruction Credential
- Preliminary Multiple Subject and Single Subject
- Pupil Personnel Services
- Special Education
- Subject Matter Requirements
- Teacher Induction
- Teacher Librarian
- Teaching Performance Assessment (TPA)
- Accreditation Site Visit Reports
- Accreditation Technical Assistance
- Accreditation Schedule and Activities
- Annual Data Submission
- Program Sponsor Fees
- How to Become an Approved Program Sponsor
- Propose a New Program (Initial Program Review)
- Preconditions and Standards
- Program Review
- Common Standards Review
- Preparing for Accreditation Site Visits
- Adding a New Single Subject Content Area
- Program Completion Surveys
- Subject Matter Preparation & Program Approval Process
Committee on Accreditation