Notice of Delay: As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, institutions and programs have been forced to dedicate significant energy and resources into minimizing the impact of the virus. In light of this, leadership in the Professional Services Division at the Commission on Teacher Credentialing has determined to postpone the preconditions submission date to Friday, May 15, 2020.
Important! Before responding to any of the preconditions on this webpage, institutions should thoroughly review the Introduction to Preconditions.
Note: Preconditions for both active and inactive programs must be submitted via the institution’s accreditation website with active and accessible evidence hyperlinks.
1. Education Specialist: All Added Authorization Programs - Every added authorization program with the exception of Adapted Physical Education must submit the "All Added Authorization Program" preconditions. Please note that although the following 7 added authorization areas must also submit the "All Added Authorization" preconditions, there are no additional program specific preconditions required for these areas: Autism Spectrum Disorder, Deaf-Blind, Orthopedic Impairments, Emotional Disturbance, Other Health Impairments, Resource Specialist and Traumatic Brain Injury.
2. Early Childhood Special Education Added Authorization - In addition to preconditions for all added authorization programs, Early Childhood Special Education programs must address these preconditions.
3. Adapted Physical Education Added Authorization - Adapted Physical Education programs must address these preconditions.
- Preliminary Multiple and Single Subject 
- Single Subject Matter Preparation Programs Preconditions  This document contains the preconditions for all of the Commission's Single Subject Matter Preparation programs.
- Reading Certificate (Added Authorization) and the Reading and Language Arts Specialist
- General Institutional Preconditions for All Professional Preparation Program