Important! Before responding to any of the preconditions on this webpage, institutions should thoroughly review the Introduction to Preconditions.
Note: Preconditions for both active and inactive programs must be submitted via the institution’s accreditation website with active and accessible evidence hyperlinks.
1. Education Specialist: All Added Authorization Programs - Every added authorization program with the exception of Adapted Physical Education must submit the "All Added Authorization Program" preconditions. Please note that although the following 7 added authorization areas must also submit the "All Added Authorization" preconditions, there are no additional program specific preconditions required for these areas: Autism Spectrum Disorder, Deaf-Blind, Orthopedic Impairments, Emotional Disturbance, Other Health Impairments, Resource Specialist and Traumatic Brain Injury.
2. Early Childhood Special Education Added Authorization - In addition to preconditions for all added authorization programs, Early Childhood Special Education programs must address these preconditions.
3. Adapted Physical Education Added Authorization - Adapted Physical Education programs must address these preconditions.
- Preliminary Multiple and Single Subject 
- Single Subject Matter Preparation Programs Preconditions  This document contains the preconditions for all of the Commission's Single Subject Matter Preparation programs.
- Reading Certificate (Added Authorization) and the Reading and Language Arts Specialist
- General Institutional Preconditions for All Professional Preparation Program 
- Clear Education Specialist Induction