How to Renew Online
Completing the Professional Fitness Questions (PFQs)
You must answer the Professional Fitness Questions in order to complete your renewal. Information on completing the PFQs can be found in the links below.
Having Trouble with Online Renewal?
Some common troubleshooting tips for completing the online renewal process can be found below.
Issue: I cannot log in or create an account.
Please visit the Login Help page for step-by-step video tutorials and for troubleshooting assistance when logging into the CTC Online system.
Issue: The drop-down menu will not allow me to select "Yes."
Solution: You have not selected your document. Locate the small arrow to the left of the document you wish to renew and click it. Clicking the arrow will select your document and highlight the row. Once it's highlighted, click on No and then select Yes from the drop down list.
Issue: I cannot enter a base credential in the "Pick Base Credential" field.
If you know your credential type requires a Base Credential to renew then be sure to complete the renewal as described in the Renewing Dependent Credentials section below. If there is no document listed for you to select in the Pick Base Credential field then please email the Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Issue: My document is not displaying under the renewal section.
- Renewing a Clear/Level II credential, Emergency 30-Day Substitute Permit, or Teacher or higher level Child Development Permit?
- Renewing a document that is within one year of the expiration date?
- In the Educator Page section of CTC Online? (Log into the CTC Online system with your User ID and Password. View the Login Help page for additional information. If you used your name or document number to find your credential record then you are likely on the Public Search page.)
If you answered Yes to all of the above questions and are still unable to renew online because your document does not display in the renewals section then contact the Commission via email at email@example.com for further assistance.
If you have tried the troubleshooting recommendations on this page and are still having issues using the CTC Online system, please use a different web browser and try again.
If you need further assistance, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- What you were attempting to do (provide as much detail as possible)
- The page or location on which you are encountering the issue
- The type of device you were using
- The internet browser you were using
- Include a screenshot of the error message or provide the exact text
- Include your full legal name
IMPORTANT: Never email any part of your Social Security Number.