Certificate of Clearance (COC)
- The COC is a document issued by the Commission to an individual who has completed the Commission's fingerprint character and identification process, whose moral and professional fitness has been shown to meet the standards as established by law.
- The COC is not related to obtaining a clear credential. The COC provides no authorization to provide instruction or services in schools; its sole purpose is to provide verification that the holder has completed a professional fitness review.
- Detailed information on the requirements for the COC can be found in Commission Leaflet CL-900.
Activity Supervisor Clearance Certificate (ASCC)
- The ASCC is an option for non-certificated individuals who are required to obtain fingerprint clearance through a criminal background check completed by the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) prior to starting a paid or non-paid position working with pupils in a student activity program sponsored by a school district or county office of education.
- Like the COC, the ASCC identifies that the holder has completed the Commission's fingerprint character and identification process, and provides no authorization to provide instruction or services in schools.
- Detailed information on the requirements for the ASCC can be found in Commission Leaflet CL-891.
How to Submit Your Online Application
Written instructions to submit your application online.
Completing the Professional Fitness Questions (PFQs)
You must answer the Professional Fitness Questions in order to complete your online application. Information on completing the PFQs can be found in the links below.
Updated March 20, 2017