To qualify for this credential based on out-of-state preparation, you must submit the following minimum requirements:
- Application Form (41-4) and processing fee.
See the application instructions to be sure the form is properly filled out.
- Official transcripts verifying your Bachelor's degree (and any additional higher degrees).
The transcripts must be the original college issued documents, not photocopies, but they do not have to be sealed in the original envelope.
- Evidence of fingerprint processing.
See Credential Leaflet CL-271 regarding fingerprint requirements.
- A copy of an out-of-state examination that meets the requirements for the California Basic Skills Examination.
See Credential Leaflet CL-667 for additional information, including examples of out-of-state examinations that meet this requirement.
- Supporting documentation for the appropriate route by which you qualify.
See Credential Leaflet CL-574 for detailed information on the requirements for each route.