- December 2010 Statistic: Racial and Ethnic Distribution of California Teachers [PDF]
The racial or ethnic distribution of California teachers differed widely from the teacher candidates who are currently enrolled in the teacher preparation programs. California teacher candidates are more diverse than the current teaching workforce.
November 30, 2010
- November 2010 Statistic: School Nurses Services Credentials Issued [PDF]
There are ten approved programs that offer credentials for school nurses. Each year, about 250 school nurse credentials are issued.
October 28, 2010
- October 2010 Statistic: Teaching Credentials Issued to Teachers who were trained in Other Countries: 2008-09 [PDF]
About four hundred initial teaching credentials were issued to teachers who were trained in other countries in 2008-09.
October 5, 2010
- September 2010 Statistic: California Teachers: Prepared in States Other than California [PDF]
About 2,200 California teaching credentials were issued to teachers prepared in states other than California.
September 2, 2010
- August 2010 Statistic: California's teachers make up 10 percent of nation's teachers [PDF]
According to the recently published US Secretary's annual report on teacher quality, there were 224,015 teacher preparation program completers nationwide in academic year (AY) 2004-05. Overall, eighty-five percent of new teachers in the US completed traditional teacher preparation programs and fifteen percent completed alternative route programs. California ranked second in the traditional route and third in the alternate route program completers in AY 2004-05. Between the two routes, California ranked second in the percentage of national teacher population and produced 10 percent of nation's teachers.
August 9, 2010
Updated January 17, 2017