The Commission on Teacher Credentialing has appointed twenty-four individuals to serve as panel members to consider the need for, and, as appropriate, propose recommended standards for a preparation program for the Administrative Services Credential. The panel begins work on August 12, 2010 at the Commission building. All subsequent meetings will be held at the Holiday Inn, Capitol Plaza at 300 J Street.
CTC Agenda Items Related to Administrative Services Credential (ASC)
State Documents, Other Resources, and Research Tools
- School District Leadership that Works: The Effect of Superintendent Leadership on Student Achievement [PDF]
- Balanced Leadership: What 30 years of research tells us about the effect of leadership on student achievement [PDF]
- Program standards [PDF]
- CPSEL [PDF]
- Effective Principals for California Schools [PDF]
- Analysis of Administrator Certification Requirements in the USA [PDF]
- 2009 CFTL Report: Strengthening California's System for Preparing and Supporting Principals Lessons from Exemplary Programs [PDF]
- Learning from Leadership's report Investigating the Links to Improved Student Learning: Executive Summary of Research Findings by Wahlstrom, Seashore Louis, Leithwood, and Anderson [Document no longer available]
- The Council of Chief State School Officers report:Transforming Teaching and Leading: A vision for a High-Quality Educator Development System [PDF]
- California Commission on Teacher Credentialing's Accreditation Handbook, (Chapter 4) [Document no longer available]
- Audio of the COA Update on the ASC Advisory Panel, May, 2011
Meetings of the Advisory Panel
- August 12, 2010 Agenda [MS Word]
- September 15-16, 2010 Agenda [MS Word]
- November 15-16, 2010 [MS Word]
- January 24-25, 2011 [MS Word]
- March 31 - April 1, 2011 [MS Word]
- July 21-22, 2011 [MS Word]
Public Input On The Administrative Services Credential
The CTC is asking for members of the general public to view a powerpoint presentation [MS PowerPoint] on the advisory panel's current thinking regarding the credential structure before providing feedback. A public forum was held on June 8th from 10:00 to noon. That forum was archived and can be viewed from June 9th to July 10th by clicking on the link provided here.
A one-page visual handout that compliments the powerpoint is also provided. [PDF]
All feedback will be provided to the advisory panel at their next meeting for review.
For questions or additional information, please contact Gay Roby, consultant, at email@example.com.