Below is information related to Commission actions taken in response to the COVID-19 crisis. The Commission is continuing to work closely with the administration and legislature to address issues arising from the current situation. The Commission will continue to monitor and provides updates as information becomes available.
Guidance Regarding Executive Order N-66-20
- Guidance for Teacher Intern Programs and Candidates Due to Emergency Health and Safety Restrictions Related to COVID-19
- Frequently Asked Questions Related to Certification Flexibility in Item 3A
- Flexibilities Approved by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing at the April 2020 Commission Meeting in Response to COVID-19 Related School Closures
- Guidelines for the Issuance of Subsequent Waiver Issuances for Current Holders of Variable Term Waivers
Program Guidance for COVID-19
- Multiple Subject, Single Subject, and Education Specialist (Preliminary and Induction) - (Updated June 8, 2020)
- Administrative Services (Preliminary and Induction) - (Updated June 8, 2020)
- Pupil Personnel Services and Speech-Language Pathology
Commission Webinars on the COVID-19 Actions
Webinar questions and answers can be found below the table
CalTPA (Preliminary Multiple Subject & Single Subject)
CalAPA (Preliminary Administrative Services)
Commission Action Questions and AnswersThese documents compile all questions received from attendees at webinars conducted in early May 2020, along with questions received through the various email boxes during late April-May 2020. Information has been updated following the release of Executive Order N-66-20 on May 29, 2020.
These documents supersede all prior question and answer documents with respect to the COVID-19 related work of the Commission and provides the most recent currently-available guidance concerning flexibility provisions adopted and implemented by the Commission in response to the COVID-19 pandemic as of June 1, 2020.
The questions posed are in bold type and Commission responses are in non-bold type below each question. Duplication of information has been avoided to the extent feasible; readers are encouraged to look at the topic section headings to find additional information that may also be pertinent to the particular program that may not be addressed in the program-specific sections.
The Commission appreciates the extensive interest in and input from its stakeholders in asking thoughtful questions that have helped CTC staff craft the maximum possible flexibility approaches during this unprecedented time.
- CBEST Deferrals and the Basic Skills Requirement - (Updated June 1, 2020)
- Other Standardized Assessments (CSET, RICA, etc.) - (Updated June 1, 2020)
- Meeting the Subject Matter Requirement - (Updated June 1, 2020)
- Teacher Preparation Programs – General Questions - (Updated June 1, 2020)
- Teaching Interns and Intern Programs - (Updated June 1, 2020)
- Administrator Performance Assessment - (Updated June 1, 2020)
- Pupil Personnel Services - (Updated July 16, 2020)
- Induction and Individual Development Plans (IDP) - (Updated June 1, 2020)
- Employer Updates - (Updated June 4, 2020)