Below is information related to Commission actions taken in response to the COVID-19 crisis. The Commission is continuing to work closely with the administration and legislature to address issues arising from the current situation. The Commission will continue to monitor and provides updates as information becomes available.
Guidance Regarding Administration and Legislative Actions
- Guidance Regarding Actions Related to COVID-19 (Updated September 7, 2021)
- CTC Online Recommendation Guidance Related to the Executive Order Approved Options (Updated September 24, 2020)
- Waiver Submissions Impacted by COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions (Updated April 26, 2021)
- Summary of Flexibility Options Related to Educator Preparation and COVID-19 (Updated December 8, 2020)
- Guidance for Teacher Intern Programs and Candidates Due to Emergency Health and Safety Restrictions Related to COVID-19 (Updated September 8, 2020)
- Frequently Asked Questions Related to Certification Flexibility in Item 3A (Updated December 8, 2020)
- Flexibilities Approved by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing in Response to COVID-19 Related School Closures (Updated April 26, 2021)
- Guidelines for the Issuance of Subsequent Waiver Issuances for Current Holders of Variable Term Waivers
Program Guidance for COVID-19
- Multiple Subject, Single Subject, and Education Specialist (Preliminary and Induction) - (Updated August 13, 2020)
- Administrative Services (Preliminary and Induction) - (Updated August 14, 2020)
- Pupil Personnel Services and Speech-Language Pathology
- Certification Office Hours Webinar - Questions on COVID Flexibilities - (August 27, 2020)
Commission Webinars on the COVID-19 Actions
Webinar questions and answers can be found below the table
CalTPA (Preliminary Multiple Subject & Single Subject)
CalAPA (Preliminary Administrative Services)
Commission Action Questions and Answers
These documents compile all questions received from attendees at webinars conducted in early May 2020, along with questions received through the various email boxes during late April-May 2020. Information has been updated following the release of Executive Order N-66-20 on May 29, 2020 and the signing of SB 820 (Committee on Budget and Fiscal Review) on September 18, 2020.
These documents supersede all prior question and answer documents with respect to the COVID-19 related work of the Commission and provides the most recent currently-available guidance concerning flexibility provisions adopted and implemented by the Commission in response to the COVID-19 pandemic as of June 1, 2020.
The questions posed are in bold type and Commission responses are in non-bold type below each question. Duplication of information has been avoided to the extent feasible; readers are encouraged to look at the topic section headings to find additional information that may also be pertinent to the particular program that may not be addressed in the program-specific sections.
The Commission appreciates the extensive interest in and input from its stakeholders in asking thoughtful questions that have helped CTC staff craft the maximum possible flexibility approaches during this unprecedented time.
- CBEST Deferrals and the Basic Skills Requirement - (Updated December 8, 2020)
- Options for Meeting the Basic Skills Requirement and Pathways to Substitute Permits – (Updated January 11, 2021)
- Other Standardized Assessments (CSET, RICA, etc.) - (Updated September 21, 2020)
- Meeting the Subject Matter Requirement - (Updated September 21, 2020)
- Teacher Preparation Programs – General Questions - (Updated October 16, 2020)
- Teaching Interns and Intern Programs - (Updated October 16, 2020)
- Administrator Performance Assessment - (Updated June 1, 2020)
- Pupil Personnel Services - (Updated December 8, 2020)
- Induction and Individual Development Plans (IDP) - (Updated October 16, 2020)
- Employer Updates - (Updated December 8, 2020)