- December 2008: How many beginning teachers who have participated in BTSA stay in the teaching profession for five years?[PDF]
Each year, more than 30,000 beginning teachers participate in the Beginning Teacher Support and Assessment (BTSA) program. Almost nine out of ten teachers who were in BTSA are still teaching five years later.
December 2, 2008
- November 2008: Child Development Permits Issued, 2001-02 to 2006-07 [PDF]
Each year, approximately 8,600 Child Development Permits (new) are issued by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
October 31, 2008
- October 2008: Do most teachers who were trained in other countries come to California to teach single subjects? [PDF]
In the past six years, more than 4,500 initial credentials were issued to teachers who were trained in other countries.
October 8, 2008
- September 2008: Pupil Personnel Services Credentials Issued: 2001-02 to 2006-07 [PDF]
Approximately 1,500 credentials were issued in PPS and another 3,000 to 4,000 authorizations were renewed each year.
August 29, 2008
- August 2008: California Teaching Credentials Issued to Teachers Trained in Other Countries [PDF]
Since 2005-06 there has been an increase of teaching credentials issued to teachers trained in other countries.
August 4, 2008
- July 2008: Services Credential and Certificate Programs in California [PDF]
More than three hundred Commission-approved programs that offer specialist credentials and certificates in Designated Subjects and Services Credentials are located in more than fifty cities. See the Program Chart for various credential/certificates offered by the programs.
July 1, 2008
- June 2008: California Teacher Preparation Programs [PDF]
More than one hundred Commission-approved teacher preparation programs are located in seventy different cities throughout California. See the Credential Type Chart for various teaching credentials offered by Programs.
June 9, 2008
- May 2008: Career Technical Education Credentials Issued [PDF]
Currently there are more than twenty agencies that issue career technical credentials - four California State University campuses, three University of California campuses, thirteen county offices of education, and three school districts.
April 30, 2008
- April 2008: Math and Science Credentials Issued, 2002-03 to 2006-07 [PDF]
In 2006-07, the Commission issued almost 1,500 credentials in Math and another 1,200 credentials in Science to California prepared and Out-of-state trained teachers.
April 4, 2008
- March 2008: California Teachers: Prepared in States Other than California [PDF]
More than 3,000 California teaching credentials were issued to teachers prepared in states other than California.
March 3, 2008
- February 2008: Racial and Ethnic Distribution of California's Students [PDF]
In 2005-06, more than 6.4 million students were enrolled in the California's public schools and they accounted for nearly 13 percent of the total enrollment in the nation. The racial or ethnic distribution of California differed widely from the nation's public school student population.
February 4, 2008
- January 2008: Racial and Ethnic Distribution of California's Teachers [PDF]
In the 2006-07 school year, more than 3 million teachers taught across the country. 309,000 of those teachers taught in California's public schools and they accounted for nearly 10 percent of the total teaching workforce. The racial or ethnic distribution of California differed widely from the nation's teacher workforce.
January 17, 2008
Updated January 17, 2017