Speech-Language Pathology Services Credentials
Speech-Language Pathology Services Credentials authorize the holder to perform the following services at any grade level: preschool, K-12, or in classes organized primarily for adults:
- Language, Speech and Hearing
- Language, Speech and Hearing and Audiology
- Language, Speech and Hearing including Special Class Authorization
- Language, Speech and Hearing and Audiology including Special Class Authorization
Information for All Candidates
California Prepared Candidates
Out-of-State Prepared Candidates
- The requirements for out-of-state prepared applicants may be found on Commission leaflet Speech-Language Pathology Services Credentials.
Out-of-Country Prepared Candidates
The requirements for individuals prepared outside of the U.S. may be found on Commission leaflet Speech-Language Pathology Services Credentials. If you do not meet the criteria for out-of-state prepared applicants, you will need to contact a California college or university with a Commission-approved professional preparation program, securing their formal recommendation for the credential.
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation [PDF]
- Basic Skills Requirement [PDF]
- Commission-Approved Professional Preparation Programs
- Title 5 California Code of Regulations Education Code 44265.3 - External Webpage...
- Also See: Clinical or Rehabilitative Services Credential [PDF]