- About the Commission
- Commission Meetings
- Coded Correspondence
- News Room
- Public Information
- Related Links
- STEM - CTE
- Credential Staff
- Discipline Staff
- Report Educator Misconduct
- Reportar Mala Conducta
- All Contacts
Specialist Instruction Credential
Specialist Instruction Credentials authorize the holder to teach or provide services in the area of specialization listed on the credential. All specialist instruction credentials require the individual to complete a Commission-accredited program in the area of specialization, or an equivalent preparation program at a regionally-accredited institution outside of California.
- Agriculture Specialist Instruction
- Early Childhood Education Specialist Instruction
- Gifted Education Specialist Instruction
- Health Science Specialist Instruction
- Mathematics Specialist Instruction
Information for All Candidates
California Prepared Candidates
Out-of-State Prepared Candidates
- The requirements for out-of-state prepared applicants may be found on Commission leaflet Specialist Instruction Credentials.
Out-of-Country Prepared Candidates
The requirements for individuals prepared outside of the U.S. may be found on Commission leaflet Specialist Instruction Credentials. If you do not meet the criteria for out-of-state prepared applicants, you will need to contact a California college or university with a Commission-approved professional preparation program, securing their formal recommendation for the credential.
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation [PDF]
- Basic Skills Requirement [PDF]
- Commission-Approved Professional Preparation Programs
- Title 5 California Code of Regulations Sections 80067-80070- External Webpage...
- Education Code 44265- External Webpage...
- Also See: Specialist Teaching Credentials In Reading And Language Arts [PDF]
- Also See: Bilingual Authorizations [PDF]