Pupil Personnel Services Credentials
Pupil Personnel Services Credentials authorize individuals to provide school services in grades 12 and below, including preschool, and in classes organized primarily for adults as counselors, school psychologists, school social workers, or school child welfare and attendance regulators, according to the specific specialization area and service authorization listed on the credential.
Information for All Candidates
California Prepared Candidates
Out-of-State Prepared Candidates
Out-of-Country Prepared Candidates
ndividuals trained outside of the United States or U.S. Territories must obtain the formal recommendation of a California college or university with a Commission-approved Pupil Personnel Services Program in the area of specialization they are seeking.
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation [PDF]
- Basic Skills Requirement [PDF]
- Commission-Approved Professional Preparation Programs
- Title 5 California Code of Regulations Section 80049 - External Webpage...
- Education Code 44266 - External Webpage...