- About the Commission
- Commission Meetings
- Coded Correspondence
- News Room
- Public Information
- Related Links
- STEM - CTE
- Credential Staff
- Discipline Staff
- Report Educator Misconduct
- Reportar Mala Conducta
- All Contacts
Teacher Librarian Services Credential
The Teacher Librarian Services Credential authorizes the holder to perform all of the following duties:
- Instruct pupils in the choice and use of library materials
- Plan and coordinate school library programs with the instructional programs of a school district
- Select materials for school and district libraries
- Coordinate or supervise library programs at the school district or county level
- Plan and conduct a course of instruction for those pupils who assist in the operation of school libraries
- Supervise classified personnel assigned school library duties
- Develop procedures for and management of the school and district libraries
Information for All Candidates
California Prepared Candidates
Out-of-State Prepared Candidates
- The requirements for out-of-state prepared applicants may be found on Commission leaflet Teacher Librarian Services Credential.
Out-of-Country Prepared Candidates
The requirements for individuals prepared outside of the U.S. may be found on Commission leaflet Teacher Librarian Services Credential. If you do not meet the criteria for out-of-state prepared applicants, you will need to contact a California college or university with a Commission-approved professional preparation program, securing their formal recommendation for the credential.
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation [PDF]
- Basic Skills Requirement [PDF]
- Commission-Approved Professional Preparation Programs
- Title 5 California Code of Regulations Section 80053 - External Webpage...
- Education Code 44269 - External Webpage...