Below you will find details on requirements for employer restricted permits, including academic and examination requirements. Select the type of permit you wish to apply for. Note that applications for such permits may only be submitted through a California employer.

Teaching Permits

Passage of Assembly Bill (AB) 167 temporarily extends substitute teaching limitations for the 2021-2022 school year. This bill affects Teaching Permit for Statutory Leave, Provisional Internship Permit and the Short-Term Staff Permit. Employers may refer to Credential Information Alert (CIA) 21-04 and Substitute FAQs for more information.


Updated September 08, 2021