- July 2009: Trends in Math and Science Credentials Issued [PDF]
In 2007-08, the Commission issued about 1,700 credentials in Mathematics and another 1,500 credentials in Science to California-prepared and Out-of-state-prepared teachers. Together these two subjects accounted for nearly one-third of the total single subject credentials issued (17% and 15%, respectively).
July 8, 2009
- June 2009: Trends in credentials issued to Out-of-Country Trained Teachers [PDF]
Nearly 6,000 teaching credentials were issued to out-of-country trained teachers in the past seven years: 2001-02 to 2007-08.
May 29, 2009
- May 2009: Reading Certificates and Reading and Language Arts Specialist Credentials Issued [PDF]
In 2007-08, the Commission issued more than 300 Reading Certificates and more than 200 Language Arts Specialist Credentials.
April 29, 2009
- March 2009: Credential Application Workload: 2005-06 to 2007-08 [PDF]
The Commission's Certification, Assignment and Waivers (CAW) Division processed nearly 270,000 applications in fiscal year 2007-08.
March 3, 2009
- January 2009: Math and Science Teachers -- where do they graduate from? [PDF]
Nearly half of the individuals who later earned math or science teaching credentials did their undergraduate work in the California State University (CSU) system while 38% of the individuals who earned math and science credentials did their undergraduate work in the University of California (UC) system.
Revised January 20, 2009
Updated January 17, 2017