The Education Specialist Preliminary Credential work group is meeting throughout 2016-17. Periodic updates are provided through agenda items during the Commission meetings. For updated information on this and other topics, please visit CTC's Meetings webpage.
For additional information and resources regarding this topic, please click on the the following links:
- "Report of California's Statewide Task Force on Special Education," (Chapter III, Educator Preparation and Professional Learning)
- San Mateo County Office of Education Glossary of Special Education Terminology
- Special Education - CalEdFacts
- School Wide Integrated Framework for Transformation (SWIFT) informational videos
- Collaboration for Effective Educator Development, Accountability, and Reform (CEEDAR) Center
Other related news articles:
- California Department of Education News Release: "Special Education Task Force Submits Recommendations to Improve Outcomes for Students with Disabilities, Establish One Coherent System of Education"
- "California Task Force Urges Reform of Special Education Funding"
- "Mike Kirst: Changing the Trajectory for Students with Disabilities"
- "Diversity in Every Class Calls for All Teachers to Master Wider Range of Skills"