- That the Requirements for Organizations [PDF] that are not Regionally Accredited or accredited by CHEA or the USDOE to Offer Educator Preparation Programs in California presented in this item serve as the Commission's initial process for NGO or CBOs to establish institutional viability as required by SBX5 1.
- That full accreditation by NCATE be deemed to have met the Commission's requirement of regional accreditation for initial institutional approval if the entity submits adequate information for the four components of the Commission's Common Standards which are not adequately addressed by the NCATE Unit Standards.
- That the COA monitor the alternative process for institutional approval and report to the Commission at least annually on the process and entities that have utilized the process.
- That as information about the process adopted by the Commission in June 2010 is collected, the Commission review and fine tune the process in the future.
The Committee on Accreditation (COA) is still finalizing the procedures for the review of an entity's proposal for the alternative institutional approval.
Agendas for the COA meetings can be found here.
General information can be found here.
- Preliminary Multiple Subject and Single Subject
- Special Education
- Teaching Performance Assessment (TPA)
- Teacher Intern Program
- Teacher Induction
- English Learner Authorization
- Reading Program
- Career Technical Education
- Administrative Services and APA
- Pupil Personnel Services
- Teacher Librarian
- Early Childhood Education
- Subject Matter Programs
- Accreditation Schedule and Activities
- Annual Data Submission
- Program Sponsor Fees
- How to Become an Approved Program Sponsor
- Submitting a Program Proposal
- Preconditions and Standards
- Program Review
- Common Standards Review
- Preparing for Accreditation Site Visits
- Accreditation Site Visit Reports
- Adding a New Single Subject Content Area
- Program Completion Surveys
Committee on Accreditation