The Commission hosted an adult education stakeholder meeting on November 19, 2009. The purpose of the meeting was to discuss the recent proposed changes to the adult education credential requirements. [Listen to the audio archive of the meeting ] Questions can be emailed to Helen Hawley at email@example.com.
- Adult Education Stakeholder Meeting Agenda [MS Word]
- Chart of Proposed Adult Education Changes [MS Word]
- Adult Education Credential Authorization Categories [MS Word]
Updated November 30, 2009
The Commission has convened a panel of adult education experts to consider recommendations for improvements to the Designated Subjects Credentials: Adult Education and to the Designated Subjects Standards of Programs of Personalized Preparation for Adult Education Teaching Credentials.
This panel met for the first time on June 24 and 25, 2008, and will meet regularly over the next several months, concluding with recommendations related to preparation of Career Technical Education Teachers. These recommendations will be presented to the Commission for approval.
- Stakeholder feedback--Changes to Adult Education Credential Requirements
- Panel Members [PDF]
- Charge of the Panel, and Work Plan [PDF]
- Meetings: Dates, Agendas, Minutes
The meetings will be held in public at the Commission on Teacher Credentialing, 1900 Capitol Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95811 unless otherwise announced.
For relevant legislation, see http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/
Please forward questions to Helen Hawley at firstname.lastname@example.org.