The Preliminary Multiple Subject (MS) and Single Subject (SS) page provides resources for all Commission-approved Preliminary MS and SS Credential Programs. For weekly updates on accreditation-related topics and activities, please subscribe to the PSD E-news.
Commission Resources for MS/SS Programs
- Clinical Practice Guidance - Clinical Practice Guidance (September 2017) – Guidance on certain areas of Common Standard 3 and MS/SS Program Standards related to fieldwork and clinical practice requirements.
- Teaching Performance Assessment (TPA) Information - TPA Webpage – Information on the approved TPA models and how to transition to the new models.
- Commission Agenda Items relevant to MS/SS
- Update on the Commission’s Program Surveys and Their Use in Accreditation (February 2018)
- Performance Level for Candidates Participating in the California Teaching Performance Assessment (CalTPA) Field Test (December 2017)
Additional Resources for MS/SS Programs
- Option for District Employed Supervisor Training
This set of course modules was created by the California Council on Teacher Education (CCTE) as one choice that programs may opt to select to address a portion of the new 10 hour district employed supervisor training requirement. The modules are a total of 8 hours long and, if selected, they will need to be combined with 2 hours of program specific training to complete the 10 hour requirement.
Note: After an institution joins, CCTE will send the coordinator and/or Dean an invitation to the modules for their review. When the institution wants to invite participants, it sends a spreadsheet with names and emails to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Social Emotional Learning (SEL) and Culturally Response Teaching (CRT) Resources
- January 2018 Webinar – Information on how educator preparation programs can integrate the new foci in the Teaching Performance Expectations (TPEs). Source: Children Now, the Center for Reaching and Teaching the Whole Child, and CTC Staff
Foundational Commission Resources for MS/SS Programs
- Accreditation Schedule and Activities
- Common Standards
- Program Standards and Teaching Performance Expectations
- General and Program Preconditions
- Teaching Credentials Requirements