Below is a list of enhancements that have been made to CalSAAS in preparation for the 2021-22 Assignment Monitoring cycle.
User Interface Enhancements:
- User Work Assignments screen now has a charter school indicator, which is displayed as (C) after the school's title
- Last Logged In column added to Manage User Roles screen
- Additional assignment details can be input for "CALPADS Error" determined exceptions
- Exceptions with 999 SEIDs are viewable on Exception History reports
- "Incompatible Exceptions" message alerts that user cannot edit multiple exceptions as an LEA and a Monitoring Authority at the same time. For example, a District Admin cannot edit exceptions from a District Authorized charter school and exceptions from a Traditional school at the same time.
- Determinations available in Exception Determination Drop-Down menu are limited by exception type:
- “2019-20 Charter” determination – only available for “CALPADS Code” exception types
- "Alternate SPED"- only available for “CALPADS Code” and “Special Education” exception types
- “Core Setting”- only available for “CALPADS Code” exception types
- All “Local Assignment Options”- only available for “CALPADS Code” exception types
- Note, when editing multiple exceptions at once, when more than one exception type is selected the determinations available in the drop down menu are limited to those acceptable for all exception types selected.
- English Learner Exceptions: the presence of English Learner students in a course with no EL services reported will produce an exception if the educator in the assignment does not hold an EL authorization.