Information Contact Us
- Accreditation Schedule and Activities
- Initial Program Review
- Initial Institutional Approval
- Biennial Reports
- Program Assessment
- Program Review
- Site Visits
Committee on Accreditation
Accreditation Site VisitsThe Accreditation Site Visit is scheduled for approved educator preparation institutions in year six of a seven-year accreditation cycle. This page provides information to assist the institution in preparing for the site visit.
Resources for Institutions Preparing for a Site Visit
The Accreditation Handbook provides guidance for all approved educator preparation institutions, programs and individuals participating in accreditation activities. Chapter Four describes the seven-year Accreditation Cycle, and Chapter Seven discusses Preparation for an Accreditation Site Visit. Accreditation Decision Options and Implications are discussed in Chapter Eight.
Timeline - Preparing for an Accreditation Site Visit
This one-page document provides the general timeline of required activities in preparation for an accreditation site visit. The dates will be assigned and discussed with the state consultant.
- Program Sampling or Full Program Review: A Comparison
Site Visit Documentation
A concise list of the documentation that needs to be provided to all team members a minimum of 60 days prior to the site visit.
Submission of Documentation in Support of the Accreditation Site Visit
This submittal form with signature should be scanned and emailed when submitting the Preconditions Report or the Common Standards Response. The form is to verify that a person in authority agrees that the document being submitted is a valid document from the institution.
The Travel Brochure provides the contract parameters for accommodating the visiting accreditation review team (state per diem restrictions for lodging by county, and reimbursement for meals)
NCATE Legacy Visits
California State Protocol
Approved October 2007
Effective January 1, 2008
-December 31, 2014; Extended until new protocol is signed.
This document displays the alignment of the Commission's Common Standards (2007) [PDF] with the NCATE Unit Standards (2006). California institutions working with NCATE may address the NCATE Unit standards for all Commission documents as long as the identified elements of the Commission's Common Standards are also addressed.
- Guidance for California Institutions regarding Joint NCATE-CTC Visits
Contacting the CTC regarding accreditation activities
- Email Accounts The Accreditation@ctc.ca.gov email account should be used to submit documents for upcoming site visits. These documents include the Preconditions Report and Site Visit Documentation that is not available on your institution's web page. Biennial Report documents and questions should be submitted to BiennialReports@ctc.ca.gov. Program Assessment documents, questions and resubmissions should be submitted to ProgramAssessment@ctc.ca.gov.
- CTC Site Visit Consultant - A Consultant will be assigned to work with the institution in preparing for the accreditation site visit, and will contact the institution once assigned.
Updated December 13, 2016