- About the Commission
- Commission Meetings
- Coded Correspondence
- News Room
- Public Information
- Related Links
- STEM - CTE
- Credential Staff
- Discipline Staff
- Report Educator Misconduct
- Reportar Mala Conducta
- All Contacts
Committee on Accreditation
Accreditation -- Biennial Reports
The Commission on Teacher Credentials collects data and information from all institutions and approved programs on a biennial basis. This page provides information to assist in the development of the biennial reports.
Please use the BiennialReports@ctc.ca.gov email account when you are submitting documents or questions related to Biennial Reports.
Program Assessment documents and questions should be submitted to ProgramAssessment@ctc.ca.gov.
Documents for your upcoming site visit should be submitted to Accreditation@ctc.ca.gov.
Biennial Report Template (For Institutions in the Orange, Green and Indigo Cohorts, Due Summer/Fall 2013)
See link to survey below to sign up for your submission date.
MS Word | PDF
- Sample Section B for the Biennial Reports (PSA 12-08): The COA has approved the use of a required form for Section B (Institutional Report) of the Biennial Report that will be used by all institutions starting with the 2013 Biennial Report submissions. This revised section attempts to better capture aspects of the Unit Assessment system through the Biennial Report. California State University Fresno has graciously allowed us to provide their Section B as an exemplar.
- The survey for institutions to sign up for their submission dates in Fall 2013 is now available.
- How to submit a Biennial Report [PDF]
- Biennial Report Template (For Institutions in the Yellow, Blue, and Violet Cohort Due Summer/Fall 2012) [MS Word]
- Optional BTSA-Specific Biennial Report Template [MS Word]
In addition to the general Biennial Report template, the BTSA Cluster Regional Directors have developed a BTSA-specific Biennial Report template for use by interested BTSA Induction programs. This template includes the information required by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing in a Biennial Report and provides space for approved BTSA Induction programs to collect and record additional data. The additional data includes information that all BTSA programs should maintain.
Biennial Reports Informational Powerpoint (presented at the 2011 CCAC Conference) [MS PowerPoint]
- Frequently Asked Questions [PDF] This document provides guidance for those who are preparing biennial reports and contains the answers to some commonly asked questions.
EXAMPLE BIENNIAL REPORT DOCUMENTS
Please note that the Commission makes these examples available to assist program sponsors in completing their own biennial reports. These examples are from the pilot responses. Institutions need to develop their own responses appropriate to their candidate information. Please consult the biennial report template in preparing your reports to ensure all required aspects are included.
Biennial Report Sample for Induction Programs [MS Word]
This document contains biennial report information from many different induction programs and is presented to demonstrate the variety of ways data may be presented and used for biennial reporting purpose. It does not, however, stand together as a portrait of a single induction program and therefore, should not be used or interpreted in that manner.
Examples of Section A. Part I. Context
- Example 1 [MS Word]
Examples of Section A. Part II-IV
- Example 1. (Education Specialist) [MS Word]
Examples of Section A. Part II. Candidate Assessment/Performance and Program Effectiveness Information
- Example 1 (Multiple and Single Subject) [MS Word]
- Example 2 (Multiple and Single Subject) [MS Word]
- Example 3 (Administrative Services) [MS Word]
Examples of Section A. Part III (Analysis of Candidate Assessment Data) and Part IV (Use of Assessment Results to Improve Candidate and Program Performance)
- Example 1 [MS Word]