- Accreditation Schedule and Activities
- Initial Program Review
- Initial Institutional Approval
- Biennial Reports
- Program Assessment
- Program Review
- Site Visits
Committee on Accreditation
On October 23, 2013, the Office of Administrative Law approved emergency regulations implementing the Commission's cost recovery system for some accreditation activities, effective October 30, 2013. This plan includes a $500 fee for Program Assessment Documents submitted after the due date. In order to avoid this fee, please ensure that your institution submits its Program Assessment Document/s on or before the established due date and that the documents include all of the required components to be considered complete. Additionally, Program Assessment Documents requiring more than three reviews will be assessed a $1,000 fee. If the Program Assessment Document Review is not completed 6 months prior to the site visit, the institution may be subject to full cost of the review of the program at the site visit. Please review the PSA on Cost Recovery for additional information.
The Program Assessment process occurs during year four of the Accreditation Cycle. Program Assessment documents include an updated version of the program narrative, course syllabi/course of study, and documentation about assessment tools used by the institution. This page provides information to assist in the development of Program Assessment documents.
All correspondence and document submissions must be emailed to the ProgramAssessment@ctc.ca.gov email. To ensure documents and questions are received, please use the above email instead of individual staff email accounts. Questions related to specific programs will be routed to the appropriate staff.
- Program Assessment Technical Assistance Webcast
- About Program Assessment
- Program Assessment Due Dates
- Templates, Samples, and Forms
- Contact Information
- Sign Up to Attend a Program Assessment Reading Session – Reading session dates located at the bottom of the page.
PROGRAM ASSESSMENT TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE WEBCAST
Watch the Webcast (Recorded March 2, 2012 One hour twenty two minutes)
Below are links to the materials discussed in the webcast. You may wish to have each document open prior to watching the webcast. In addition to watching the webcast and reviewing the materials below please take time to explore all of the links on this webpage for additional information on successful Program Assessment document submission.
- 2012 PA Technical Assistance PowerPoint Slides for Note Taking
- Initial Program Proposal Document and Program Assessment Documents – Slide #7
- Program Assessment Summary Template – Slide #23
- Summary Samples can be found below under the EXAMPLES section of this webpage.
- PSA 10-13 Update on Program Assessment: Program Summary
- 2012 Standards in Transition – Slide #25
- Preliminary Report of Findings Sample – Slide #26
- Proposed Submission Dates for All Programs - Slide #30 and #34 – See REQUIRED FORMS below.
- Document Formatting and Transmission Requirements – Slide #31 – See ABOUT PROGRAM ASSESSMENT below.
- PSA 10-12: Maintaining a Current Program Document and Responding to Document Feedback – Slide #36 & 37
- Submission Check List – Slide #39 – See REQUIRED FORMS below.
Send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Program Assessment
- About Program Assessment [PDF]
- Document Formatting and Transmission Requirements [PDF] Updated May 2014
- Review and Feedback Reporting Process [PDF]
- Course Syllabi/Course of Study and Assessments [PDF]
- Tips for the Preparation of Program Assessment Documents [PDF]
- Program Sampling or Full Program Review: A Comparison [MS Word]
Understanding the differences in your site visit if a program has completed the Program Assessment process or not.
Program Assessment Due Dates
Accreditation - Program Assessment Update for the Green Cohort [PDF]
Letter sent to all deans and directors of educator preparation programs in the Green Cohort
Accreditation - Program Assessment Quick Guide - Green Cohort [PDF]
This quick guide was sent to all deans and directors of educator preparation programs in the Green Cohort. The guide is not meant to replace a careful review of the contents of this webpage.
Accreditation -- Special Education Program Assessment Requirements [PDF]
Letter sent to all deans and directors describing the program assessment requirements of recently transitioned Education Specialist Programs in the Red, Orange, Yellow, and Violet cohorts.
Deciding When to Submit:
Program assessment documents are due December 31st 2014 but may be submitted earlier Late documents will be charged a late fee of $500 per program.
TEMPLATES, EXAMPLES, AND REQUIRED FORMS
- Program Assessment Summary Template [MS Word]
- Program Narrative Templates can be found here under each credential area. Narrative Templates do not exist for every credential at this time.
- Preliminary Report of Findings Template [PDF]
- Summary Sample: MS SS #1 [PDF]
- Summary Sample: MS SS #2 [PDF]
- Summary Sample: PPS School Counseling [PDF]
- Program Assessment Document Example: * CSUF Administrative Services [PDF]
This document is an excellent example of electronic organization of a document. Documents are ideally one file, and must contain hyperlinks throughout the narrative to the corresponding documentation. A table of contents is also required. (Please note that Preconditions are not required for program assessment.)
- Program Assessment Document Example: ** Murrieta Valley Unified School District General Education (Multiple and Single Subject) Induction [PDF] This document is an excellent example of electronic organization of a document. Documents are ideally one file, and must contain hyperlinks throughout the narrative to the corresponding documentation. A table of contents is also required. The program summary is not required to be a part of the file and may be send as a separate file. (Please note that Common Standards and Preconditions are not required for program assessment.)
- Proposed Submission Dates for All Programs [PDF] Submit by the end of March during your program assessment document submission year.
- Transitioned Programs -- Proposed Submission Date for Program Assessment[PDF]
- Submission Check List [PDF] Submit an individual check list with each Program Assessment document.
** Murrieta Valley USD has given us permission to post their document. This is provided as an example of how to prepare an electronic document and, although the program is preliminarily aligned, should not be used as a content guide to write a document for the General Education (Multiple and Single Subject) Induction program, as each program sponsor is unique and should, thereby, have a unique document.
For more information, please contact ProgramAssessment@ctc.ca.gov.