- About the Commission
- Commission Meetings
- Coded Correspondence
- News Room
- Public Information
- Related Links
- STEM - CTE
- Credential Staff
- Discipline Staff
- Report Educator Misconduct
- Reportar Mala Conducta
- All Contacts
- Intern Participating Teachers Survey 2012-13 - open 3/29/13 to 6/30/2013
- Intern Support Providers Survey 2012-13 - open 3/29/13 to 6/30/2013
- Intern Site Administrators Survey 2012-13 - open 3/29/13 to 6/30/2013
- 2012-13 Participating Teachers: Who-took-the-survey
- 2012-13 Support Providers: Who-took-the-survey
- 2012-13 Site Administrators: Who-took-the-survey
- 2012-13 Intern Participant who-signed-up listing
- Hard copy of the on-line Participant Form 2012-2013
- Hard copy of the on-line Support Participant Survey 2011-2012
- Hard copy of the on-line Support Provider Survey 2011-2012
- Hard copy of the on-line Administrator Survey 2011-2012
Related Web Sites
California Internship Teacher Preparation Programs
Internship programs allow individuals to complete their teacher preparation coursework concurrent with their first year or two in a paid teaching position. These programs are led by colleges, universities and by school districts and county offices of education. To qualify for an internship program, an individual must possess a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university, satisfy the basic skills requirement, meet the subject matter competence and US Constitution requirement, and obtain character and identification clearance. The program provides teacher preparation coursework and an organized system of support from college and district faculty. Completion of an internship program results in the same credential as is earned through a traditional teacher preparation program.
An intern credential is issued by a commission approved teacher preparation intern program when a school district, county office of Education (LEA) employs an intern and agreeing to provide support and participate in the program. The credential is a collaboration between the teacher preparation program and the LEA, with both parties having responsibilities for support of the intern while they are employed and on the credential. A LEA can hire an intern only when a suitable fully prepared teacher is not available.
- Fall Intern Directors' Meeting Webinar - November 29, 2012 Updated October 24, 2012
- 2010-2011 Funded Program Statistical Reports
- Intern Participant Statewide Survey: This assessment is completed when interns are leaving their programs, and the results are in 2 parts.
- Statewide Administrator Survey: Employers assess the value of the programs that they work with as well as the interns.
Intern Administrator Survey 2010-2011 [PDF]
- Support Provider Survey: Intern programs provide a variety of support, both by the employer and by the program. Intern Support Providers respond about their work.
Intern Support Provider Survey 2010-2011 [PDF]
- Intern Specific Preconditions, Standards and Laws Related to Accreditation [PDF]
October 20, 2011
- 2009-2010 Funded Program Statistical Reports
- Intern Participant Statewide Survey [PDF]
- Administrator Survey [PDF]
- Retention Report [MS Excel]
- Intern Placements by School Rank [MS Word]
- 2010 Commission Agenda Item on Funded Programs (November 8, 2010) [PDF]
2008-09 Intern Retention Statewide Summary
All directors of funded Intern programs have received retention data for their programs. The 2008-09 Intern Retention Statewide Summary is compiled from that data.
February 10, 2010
2008-2009 Alternative Pathway to Certification (Intern) Program Report
The "2008-2009 Alternative Pathway to Certification (Intern) Program Report" was presented to the Commission in December 2009. The report includes participant demographic data, results of participant, support provider, and site administrator surveys, participant retention information, and a list of districts using participants in 2008-09.
February 8, 2010
- 2008-09 Survey Results - Funded Intern Programs
Statewide results of the Intern Participant (program completers only), Intern Support Provider, and Intern Employer Surveys conducted in the spring of 2009 are now available.
Individual program results have been sent to participating programs. Please note that only those in funded programs are surveyed.
• Intern Participant [PDF]
• Intern Support Provider [PDF]
• Intern Employer Surveys -- Part 1 [PDF]
• Intern Employer Surveys -- Part 2 [PDF]
Posted December 29, 2009
- Fall Intern webinar - November 29, 2011 -- 10:00 a.m.
Fall Intern webinar - November 29, 2011 -- 11:00 a.m.
Fall Intern webinar - November 29, 2011 -- 1:00 p.m.
November 28, 2011