Division of Professional Practices
The Division of Professional Practices investigates allegations of misconduct by credential holders and applicants. The Committee of Credentials (COC) reviews the allegations and may recommend to the Commission adverse action against a credential or application. The Commission votes whether to adopt the recommendations of the Committee. Educator misconduct is reported by employing school districts, charter/private schools, the public and self-reported on applications for credentials issued by the Commission.
Reporting Educator Misconduct
Educator Misconduct is reported to the Commission by:
- Employing School Districts
- Charter/Private Schools
- Public Reporting - Complaints
- Self-Reported Misconduct - Applications
The Department of Justice will also notify the Commission when an applicant and/or credential holder is arrested and/or convicted of a crime, which may also result in an investigation being conducted by DPP.
Reportar Mala Conducta de un EducadorCómo denunciar la conducta inapropiada de un educador:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Please review the FAQ prior to contacting DPP staff regarding any questions that you may have. If you do not find the answer to your question after reviewing the FAQ, contact the division as directed at the top of the FAQ page.
Records of Educator DisciplineThe Commission has provided immediate access to credential and discipline information, which can be found on the link listed below. To determine whether disciplinary action has been taken against an individual's credentials, click the "Public Search" button. You will be required to enter the credential holder's first and last name. Click the "Search" button to reveal the individual's name. Due to privacy policies, the search is limited to first and last name only and may cause more than one individual to appear for the name entered. Once you locate the credential holder's name, click on the credential holder's last name to view specific information regarding his/her credential history.
If the individual's credential has been disciplined the "Adverse and Commission Actions Indicator" (Red flag) will be displayed at the center of the screen next to the credential holder's name. Click the tab labeled, "Adverse and Commission Actions." This will allow you to view any disciplinary actions taken against the individual's credentials and the effective dates of the disciplinary actions.
The "Current Document" and "All Document" tabs include a "Status" field of each credential held by the individual. This field will also indicate whether the individual's credentials are currently revoked or suspended.
Please note: Some credential records issued prior to 1989 may not appear. In addition, the website currently does not contain complete information regarding credentials that have been suspended and/or revoked.
- To search for an Educator's Credential, Certificate and/or Permit, click the Search for an Educator button on the CTC home page.
Monthly Workload Reports
- March 2014 Monthly Activity Summary & Rap Sheet Statistics
- February 2014 Monthly Activity Summary & Rap Sheet Statistics
- January 2014 Monthly Activity Summary & Rap Sheet Statistics
- December 2013 Monthly Activity Summary & Rap Sheet Statistics
- November 2013 Monthly Activity Summary & Rap Sheet Statistics
- October 2013 Monthly Activity Summary & Rap Sheet Statistics
- September 2013 Monthly Activity Summary & Rap Sheet Statistics
- August 2013 Monthly Activity Summary & Rap Sheet Statistics