Welcome to the State of California
Application Status
We are currently processing applications received before:
More Information

Educator Login

Out-of-State Applicants

Choose the type of out-of-state teaching certification you hold for details on California's requirements. Note that you must hold a professional-level credential* from another state or U.S. territory to qualify for California teaching or services certification based on out-of-state preparation.

For information on additional types of California certification please visit the Commission's Credential Requirements page.

*Generally, documents with the following terminology do not meet the definition of a professional-level credential:
  • Intern/Internship documents
  • Apprentice documents
  • Temporary/Non-renewable documents
  • Documents with requirements to complete subject matter examinations

Updated March 17, 2016