Information Contact Us
How Do I Apply for a New Document?If you are a first-time applicant and have never applied for a document it is highly recommended that you first create a CTC Online Educator Profile.
If you already have a profile, you may submit an application using the appropriate method described below.
Paper applications should be submitted to apply for a:
- Teaching credential based on alternate preparation (out-of-state, outside the United States, private school experience, etc.)
- New teaching area or authorization to an existing credential
- English learner authorization based on completion of examinations
- Substitute Permit
- Child Development Permit (including renewal of Assistant or Associate Permits)
- Restricted teaching or services permits (submitted through an employer)
An Online Application should be submitted to apply for the following fingerprint clearance documents:
- Certificate of Clearance (COC)
- Activity Supervisor Clearance Certificate (ASCC)
The application fee is considered earned upon receipt and is not refundable. Individuals shall receive either a document or an evaluation listing the requirements which have not been met for the document requested. If after submitting your application, you receive a letter requesting additional documentation, your application and fee will remain valid for sixty (60) days pending receipt of new supporting materials. If it has been determined that you do not qualify for the type of document originally requested, the fee cannot be used again to apply for a different type. (Reference: Title 5, California Code of Regulations, Section 80487)
Updated August 26, 2015